Thursday, September 25, 2008

09/25/08 Off Day at Jones Island

Due to forecast 25 knot winds Dan is staying on Jones Island today. There is a beautiful view from the campsite looking north with views of orcas and the mountains beyond.

25 knot winds were forecast for Haro Strait so I took the day off. So did the group of kayakers from Port Townsend. I got up at 6:00 in cast the forecast changed, made breakfast and listened to the radio – no change. So I went back to bed (tent) and slept until 10:00. Got up, did some writing, took a hike, made some boat adjustments, talked with the kayakers, helped some yachts land at the dock, pet their dogs and had a generally relaxing day. Had a nice talk with Tom and Erin about their Catalina 36. It’s a 1984 version – what a nice boat, and a nice size as well. Tom’s an airline pilot and Erin’s a speech pathologist. I had seen them at Spencer Spit but didn’t have a chance to talk there. They have 3 very nice Samoyeds who travel with them on their boat. Tom and Erin gave me water so I’m covered in that regard.

No comments: